When it comes time to choose a new vehicle, safety should be a priority. Volkswagen has always placed safety at the forefront of its designs. The renowned automaker is known for innovation, quality, and reliability. Volkswagen’s cars feature several safety features for the driver and passenger. In this article, you will learn about the various safety features of Volkswagen. You’ll also discover the innovative technologies and designs that ensure peace of mind on each drive.
1. Advanced Driver Assistance Systems
Volkswagen has embraced leading-edge technology to create advanced driving assistance systems (ADAS) that improve safety and convenience. These systems combine to offer a comprehensive safety network for drivers. Volkswagen’s ADAS includes the following features:
· Adaptive-Cruise Control (ACC): ACC uses a combination of radar and camera to maintain a safe distance from the vehicle before it. The system can adjust your vehicle’s speed automatically to match the flow and direction of traffic.
· Lanes Keeping Assist LKA: LKA can help prevent unintentional lane deviations by gently steering the car back into its lane if a driver is drifting in their lane without using a turn signal.
· Blind Spot Monitor: BSM uses sensors that monitor your blind spot areas and provide visual or audible notifications when a driver is detected. This helps make lane changes safer.
· Automatic Emergency Braking (AEB), Front Assist: The system can detect and avoid frontal collisions by applying the brakes. This system can work at various speeds.
· Park Assist: Volkswagen Park Assist makes parking easier. It will automatically direct the vehicle in parallel or perpendicular spots, with minimal input by the driver.
2. Volkswagen’s Intelligent Crash Response System (ICRS)
Volkswagen’s Intelligent Crash Response System could save a driver’s life in an accident. The system is designed for various safety actions, such as switching off the gas pump, unlocking your doors, or activating hazard warning lights. This is to help ensure the safety and security of first responders and occupants in an accident.
3. Proactive Passenger Protection
Volkswagen places great importance on passenger safety. Multiple airbags are strategically located throughout the cabin of Volkswagen’s vehicles, including side, front, and curtain bags. These airbags operate in a controlled, safe way in case of a crash.
Volkswagen cars are equipped with a Safety Cage, a reinforced cell designed to absorb and disperse crash energy. Volkswagen’s commitment to ensuring passenger safety is underscored by the structural engineering.
4. Adaptive Headlights
Volkswagen’s Adaptive Front-Lighting System improves visibility while driving at night. The system can adjust the front lights in response to steering and vehicle speeds, ensuring the road ahead is well-illuminated. This feature is not only safer, but it also reduces the glare of approaching drivers.
5. Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
The proper tire inflation is critical to safe driving. Volkswagen’s integrated TPMS monitors continuously the pressure of all four tires. It alerts the drivers when a tire is under the recommended pressure. Properly filled tires are important for better handling, improved brake performance, and less risk of blowouts.
Volkswagen has comprehensive safety technologies and features designed to protect passengers. Whether looking for Volkswagen cars for sale these features will always give you peace of mind.
Volkswagen vehicles have advanced safety features, including Autonomous Emergency Braking (AEB) and Adaptive Cruise Control. Volkswagen’s safety systems will keep you and your passengers safe in any driving situation, from navigating city streets to long highway drives.